- Arctic 2016, New Blog and Website.
- New Website, Upcoming Antarctic Travels
- Hollyhock Watercolour Workshop
- Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falkland Islands 2013 painting highlights.
- McMichael Canadian Art Collection “Art Mentorship Project”
- The Northwest Passage
- Painting In The Great Bear Rainforest
- 2012 Whistler and Gibsons Summer Workshops
- Pacific Spirit Forest Series
- Painting in Antarctica
Tag Archives: 140lb cold press
The video above and the following paintings were inspired from an amazing boat trip to the “Great Bear Rainforest “, in British Columbia’s central coast. Along with several other colleagues and a wonderful crew aboard the Columbia III , … Continue reading
Many thanks again to the organizers and the participants that persisted through wonderfully challenging exercises at the 2 workshops I gave this summer. Both the Whistler Arts Council’s Workshops on the Lake, and Gibsons School of the Arts have annual … Continue reading
One body of work that is evolving over the last few years is a series of large watercolours depicting the subtle seasonal changes in the temperate rainforest of Pacific Spirit Regional Park. These large works are done on 140lb Arches … Continue reading
In early September, autumn is well on its way in Denali National Park, Alaska. While hoping to capture a glimpse of Denali, North America’s highest mountain, i focused painting on site trying to capture the mountain light and weather played … Continue reading
The time-lapse video above captures the painting process of this large studio watercolor. The painting is one of a few recent large commissions inspired by Lake Superior’s coastal trail in autumn. The complexity and technical challenges are exciting to take … Continue reading