The Federation of Canadian Artists invited me to be one of the instructors at a week-long en plein air painting event on beautiful Gabriola Island in British Columbia. It was wonderful to paint with almost 125 artists that descended on the island from all over North America. We had ocean shoreline vistas and wildlife sightings as well as old heritage farm lands to draw inspiration from. Plus the weather cooperated as well. Also it was inspirational to work with fellow instructors Mike Svob, Brent Heighton, Deanne Lemley and guest lecturer Robert Genn. The event was one of most well organized workshops I have participated in. The Haven Resort site was a fine location to host such a large event. The Phoenix auditorium also was a great venue for nightly panel discussion on art and presentations, in which I gave my “Antarctica to the North Pole” painting adventure show. Many thanks to the organizers that put this together. I wish the FCA much success next year and recommend it to those that want to paint on “island time for a while”.
- Arctic 2016, New Blog and Website.
- New Website, Upcoming Antarctic Travels
- Hollyhock Watercolour Workshop
- Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falkland Islands 2013 painting highlights.
- McMichael Canadian Art Collection “Art Mentorship Project”
- The Northwest Passage
- Painting In The Great Bear Rainforest
- 2012 Whistler and Gibsons Summer Workshops
- Pacific Spirit Forest Series
- Painting in Antarctica